Friday, November 16, 2012

Life of an Army Wife

Hello San Angelo! My family just recently moved here thanks to the Army. We have been a military family for seven years now and our story just keeps getting better. This is our third move and boy was it a doozie, but it's just part of the adventure right?

This is my first post with San Angelo Moms and I'm super excited to be a part of this team. I look forward to learning more about San Angelo and the surrounding areas. We love to travel around the areas we are stationed at. We also love learning about history and San Angelo is so full of history- we are loving that. We are very excited about the upcoming holidays, the Christmas at Fort Concho is one of the highlights for us. 

A bit about our family- we have two boys ages 1 and 6. We are originally from Texas and have lived in North Carolina and Florida, thanks to the Army. My husband and I have been married for 12 years. We enjoy traveling as a family, having fun and eating at new places- we are totally those people that check Food Network before we go anywhere. We'd hate to miss eating anywhere Guy Fieri has eaten- so we hit those spots too.  

I enjoy being active with the other spouses in my husbands unit and thankfully I have made connections.  This weekend I'll be helping out with the ladies of A company at the Community Appreciation Day and Santa's Market on base. A company has a bratwurst food stand so if you come out to the base come say hello and buy some lunch. 

My future posts will be about being a military spouse, about raising military children or "military brats" as some call them, and sweepstakes. That odd little bit is my other gig and hobby.  I started entering sweepstakes over a year ago- seriously. And by seriously I mean entering daily and winning. My wins have varied from electronics to airline tickets and a lot of other awesome stuff in between. It's a lot fun and even more fun when you win! Stay tuned and leave me some questions if you'd like more info on sites I use etc. 

New and excited-



No comments:

Post a Comment