Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy 12-12-12, SanAngeloMoms! I don't know about you, but I am so much happier with the "Magic" that everyone is giving today's date, versus the "Doom and Gloom" of 12-21-12.

I remember a couple of other times throughout my life that the world was supposed to come to an end- One was the year 1984, where people spent the entire year thinking that George Orwell's book, "1984" would come to fruition, and the world would end up under the rule of Communism or something like it. The other was New Year's Eve, 1999 (and then again on NYE 2000, when people said that THAT was the actual new beginning of the millennium).

I actually had a saleslady in Florida tell me that "at least I wouldn't have to renew my driver's license," since it expired on my birthday in 2000.

In all three cases, we managed to survive, political parties intact, and woke up the next morning with a (insert sarcasm here) collective sigh of relief.

I plan to do the same on 12-21-12. (And if I'm wrong, this post won't matter, will it? ;) )

In the meantime, I plan to merrily take part in all the "End of the World" sales and parties that seem to be planned. Did anyone else go past the sign on Knickerbocker, see the "Mayan Calendar Sale" sign, and think they were going to be able to go buy a Mayan calendar?

My daughter did, told me about it, and I was *in the parking lot* telling my husband about it on the phone, when he filled me in, that it was just a gimmick!

I know, I know, some of you have probably just lost h-u-g-e amounts of respect for me, but, admit it-- WHO else thought the same thing?  I know there are others out there!!!

Now that I know it's a sale on JEWELRY, I'm going in today to buy a Christmas gift for my daughter. Lol, and just for fun, I'll ask them if there was anyone else who thought they'd be selling Mayan calendars!

I'll let you know what I find out.

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha oh my gosh. I can't wait to hear if anyone else thought that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it like "It's the end of the world, you might as well spend your money here" kind of thing. Heh. We could probably find you a calendar though.

    ReplyDelete